Nathan Anderson’s personal blog
25 Random Things About Nathan Anderson
Posted in Personal by Nathan | January 30 th , 2009
There’s a fad going around Facebook… (shocking, isn’t it?) of tagging friends and asking them to post 25 random things about themselves in the notes area of their account.
Donna Fox tagged me.
Thought I’d post them here on my blog:
I like random. I like stream of consciousness. So here goes:
1. I don’t like crowds. Unless the whole point is to be a crowd. Like the “Mall Crawl” in Boulder from eons ago… 30,000 people in just a few blocks. I liked that. Otherwise, count me out. I live in the middle of nowhere for a reason.
2. I have an excellent sense of direction. Go for a walk with me, and I can always point directly back to where we came from. Only been lost once… and it was a doosey!
3. My thumbs are double-jointed. The top joint swings fully both directions. All four of my kids inherited the trait.
4. My favorite food is Sushi. Don’t know why… just seems like there’s something in there that I totally need. Sad I can’t eat it too often because Dr. Mercola thinks there’s too much Mercury in most fish.
5. I shoulda been Tony Stark. All my life I’ve daydreamed by designing weapons and propulsion systems. Sometimes I design some really amazingly cool stuff. But I could never live with myself if I went that direction.
6. I don’t know why I love raising chickens so much all of a sudden… It’s just so stinking cool. You put in water and feed, and out pops eggs. It’s like magic.
7. The first person I followed in IM was Corey Rudl, but the first product I bought was from Frank Kern over a year later. (ain’t I CHEAP?) Instant Internet Empires taught me that anyone can do this stuff.
8. Sometimes I’m cheap, and others I’m quite the opposite. I once bought an $800 bottle of wine… and served it to my customers.
9. Did I mention that I got an invitation to go to the Inauguration of President Obama? Still pretty proud of that. I got one for President Reagan as well… my Social Studies teacher gave it to me back in 1980.
10. I owned a coffee shop back in 1996. I can tell good coffee from crap. Seriously.
11. I had a job as a donut baker in 1987. 22 years later I still can’t eat donuts.
12. I had a job as a pizza chef in 1986. It’s been one of my favorite foods ever since. I still “flip pies” on special occasions.
13. I have the gift of Prophecy, but not of Interpretation. I see visions of the future and get the meaning wrong just about every time. But the visions are always exactly right.
14. I’m the son of two Doctorates. Taking the last 3 credits to finish my B.A. would have been a really nice thing to do for them. It was a 100-level speech class. Now I’m a professional speaker. Go figure.
15. I took piano lessons for 4 years as a kid. I can still play pretty well.
16. I’m an ordained minister, and have performed 4 weddings.
17. I once read 23 books in a month.
18. Disc Golf and Ultimate Disc are two of my favorite sports to participate in.
19. My wife gave birth to a baby that wasn’t mine… or hers.
20. My son is named after the nickname of a friend. Is he still his namesake?
21. The longest job I ever held was also the last job I ever had: a newspaper production manager. I loved that job!
22. One of my passions is Bricolage. And I’m not talking about the software…
23. I scored in the top 1% of the country in Math; but I went into advertising in college.
24. I really hate phone calls – making or getting them. I sometimes don’t listen to messages for months. Thank goodness I have a wife! And for some reason, Skype doesn’t count.
25. I really like accents. I can generally tell what country you’re from, or what state you grew up in.
Whew. 25 was a lot for some reason…